Monday 21 May 2012

Love is the Light.

I've spent the last 12 hours worrying desperately for a dear friend of mine. 

He's an artist, a poet, a dreamer, a visionary....he is so many beautiful things.  He gives me hope that there are people in this world who are capable of really caring about something, about someone.  He is all of these things and so much more.  I met him when I was a kid and was instantly taken by him - his creativity, his talent.  We stayed in touch for a while, lost touch for a while longer and have recently (in the last few years) reconnected through social media. 

It has been through this same venue that I have discovered how much pain my friend is in right now.  I feel sick that I haven't spoken to him enough to realize the level of suffering he is experiencing.  That I had to read a heart breaking facebook status in order to see the pain.  Or worse - that he is in so much pain that he was driven to write such a status.  (Though I'm thankful that he reached out - however he chose to do it.)

We are miles apart and I am not able to go to him however I hope he can feel the love and the light that I am sending his way.  I hope he feels the love from all of us who care for him.  I hope that it is enough. 

Apparently he is with a family member right now and they are working to get him the help that he needs. 

It is such a cruel thing that the most sensitive souls, the ones the world truly needs, are often those who suffer the most. 




~Marly

No comments:

Post a Comment